Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Back to Body Pump...

Between the holidays and some projects at work it's been hard for me to fit in my Saturday Body Pump class every week.  I went about 3 weeks without going to one..  I'm still running at home... but it's just not the same.  So when I was working a swing shift I decided to get up and go to a 9am class on a random Thursday.

Holy Hell.  That hurt.  My friend Allison taught it.. so you know it was tough but fun.  I went right back to the weight classes I was using the last time I did a class... and consequently my legs are still sore.  But it wasn't nearly as hard to get right back into the swing of things as I thought it would be.

It's crazy how your body remembers what you're capable of, even if your brain doubts it.  I've heard people talk about muscle memory before but never really paid much attention to it till now.

I made it through the class, listening to Allison talk about sweating too much, farting too much and how Jason sweats on the headset before her... and had a great time.  I'm still skipping shoulders because I finally have my neck so it doesn't hurt every morning and I'm afraid to mess it up inadvertantly.

And I was back in a Body Pump class the next time I had a free spot on my schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment