Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A new year

This blog started many moons ago as a New Year's resolution.

Get thin. Blog about it. Make people laugh.

It's all still a work in progress.

I'm thinner than I was, not as thin as I once was. Blogging fell by the wayside when things got busy. I find myself pretty amusing, whether other people do I can't say. I think I'm witty.

Now, it's time for a new year. I'm ringing it in after taking a handful of vitamins and some apple cider vinegar to stave off what I think is a cold.

I'm thinking about what I want to do in 2015. Instead of resolutions I want to do 10 things I've never done before in the next year.

So here goes:


  1. Hike the Keystone Ancient Forest. I've wanted to since I learned about it, but I've never done it. It's time to put on my boots and hike the trail. Blame my recent reading of Wild for this being up on the list.
  2. Run the Tulsa Run. I know I said I was never running again after I did the Oklahoma City Half Marathon. But you knew I was lying when I told you that, didn't you? I'm addicted. This is a hometown tradition that I've never done, so it's happening. 
  3. The crow. I've been doing yoga pretty regularly for a while now, so why the hell can't I do the crow? It's bullshit. It's pissing me off.
  4. Travel. I travel for work, but rarely for fun. I have a lot of places I'd like to visit. I think it'd be empowering to travel alone. I'd like to make at least one trip this year. I'm thinking Chicago. Mainly because I want to eat at Rick Bayless' restaurant.
  5. Write. I've been talking about putting my book of Mems and Pops stories together for years. God knows Mems gives me enough material. I need to outline it. I need to write out the stories in my head. I need to focus. 
  6. Read more. I aimed for 50 books in 2014. I ended up with 35. I know I can do this. 
  7. Breathe. I like to be busy. I like to have to do lists. I like to do things. I need to remember to not do things sometimes. I need to say no more. I need to sleep occasionally. 
  8. Take the GRE. I keep toying with the idea of getting my Master's degree. So let's take the damn test and see if I can even get into the program I want to take. 
  9. Conquer a fear. Any of my fears. I tried the height one with the trapeze. It kind of worked. What about my fear of public speaking? My fear of commitment? My fear of snakes? Let's 86 those. 
  10. Spend more time with the people I love. I'm a big believe that family is what you make it, blood or not. I've been kind of closing in on myself the last few months and not connecting with the family I've created for myself. I need to expand my circle and appreciate the people inside it. They're family for a reason. 
What are you doing in 2015?

No comments:

Post a Comment