Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday, Monday

Two for the price of one tonight, because I'm too flighty to keep writing the day after. Plus I'm sure I'm forgetting some of my witty thoughts by waiting to write.

So Monday is here and thankfully almost over. I am eating a graham cracker and some peanut butter... my new obsession.

It tops off a healthy dinner of chicken and steamed veggies.... all of which was eaten *after* I came home and did day 1 of couch to 5k.

One of my secondary goals in this quest to get fit is to run a 10k. I've never run more than a 5k, and when I have run those I've been ridonkulously slow. So this seemed like the best time to start re-training my body to run faster and better.

Today, I got home from work and jumped right on the treadmill to run. I'm way too much of a pansy-ass to run outside when it's cold, my treadmill gets a lot of work in the winter.

I downloaded the "Chubby Jones" podcast for my Iphone and kind of love it. The music sucks, but Mia-the woman talking along with you is sarcastic and fun. The fact that she calls it the "Chubby" podcasts makes me love her more.

The thing is when I run on the treadmill it is not unusual for me to find something to clean or organize in the guest room. The pictures on the wall have been re-arranged about 5 times, all my DVDs are in alphabetical order and the bed is always made.

It's like my subconscious anal retentive side wants me to stay a fat ass.

But I finished the run, stayed healthy and just need to clean the kitchen to make this a productive Monday, well that and not go eat an entire pizza alone.

3 comments:

  1. Good Monday! I lost a pound at Weight Watchers this week and really didn't deserve to. Hitting the treadmill in the morning to actually earn the next one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did Day 1 of Couch to 5K yesterday, too. I'm not much of a runner, so my thighs are angry today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Josh! I just weighed for the first time Monday, so we'll see how I'm doing next week.

    Brigid-I run pretty often and my legs are still always angry after I hit the treadmill.

    ReplyDelete