Thursday, May 6, 2010

P90X-- Not for Boobs

Today I took on the 2nd disc of P90x-Plyometrics.

Yes I skipped a day on the program, instead of working out as soon as I got off work I went out with a great gal for a yummy margarita and some bruschetta. Sue me.

Instead I suited up in my sports bra and workout gear tonight after work and hit the guest room tonight.

The Ken doll started droning as soon as I hit play about how plyometrics will make you the greatest athlete of all time... so the Williams sisters better look out for me.

Then the workouts start and I can tell I'm in trouble from the beginning. The first move is a squat jump. Basically you squat and then when you rise up you jump at the top.

My fat ass physique comes with some boobs... boobs that don't enjoy jumping up and down.

Even with my sturdiest sports bra the bouncing was painful. So I modified the moves as best I could and did some of them holding my boobs with my hands to minimize the bouncing.

I was halfway through the workout when I noticed my audience... Molly and Bella sitting in the floor staring at me with their heads cocked to the side, probably thinking their mother is crazy.

But despite the boobie bounce I stayed with the workout, which is good cause there were some classic bon mots from the Ken doll host. My fave was saying one of the work outs would make us fly through the air like Spiderman or Cat-Man... not sure who the hell Cat Man is... but I'm pretty sure I want someone to be that for Halloween.

So boobs in hand I made it through... and collapsed in the floor in a sweaty heap.

Whether or not the workout is boob friendly... it did make me sweat like a motherfucker.

4 comments:

  1. I have run with some women who actually wear 2 sports bras, one even wore 3, just to minimize the boob movement. How they actually can fill their lungs with that constriction is unknown to me, but it seems to work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat Man? Oh no, my secret identity has been revealed! Quick...to the cat box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I ran into your blog by googling if P90x will help reduce the size of my boobs...so I totally feel your pain. For a good number of years I couldn't run or do anything because my boobs almost hit me in the face when i did:P And the normal sport bras didn't really seem to do the job. This year I finally found one that worked - it's called Shock Absorber and it's the only one that managed to keep the puppies in place :) That's all...I just thought I'd share my boob wisdom. Keep up the good work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'll definitely look into that!

    ReplyDelete