Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Going Macro 2: brown rice boogaloo

So... I'm about 10 days away from phase 2 of going Macrobiotic. That means in addition to the no flour or processed grain I will be adding Dairy and potatoes to the list.

I've been going through my pantry and cookbooks and getting things ready. This has meant some trips to the grocery store... some new jars for storage in the cabinet and some adorable labels. I'm like Martha Stewart if she said fuck a lot.

I've also broken out my wok again, made some delicious stir fry the other night. It's much easier to get back into the macrobiotic eating now that I've done it again. It's really just a matter of looking up recipes and remembering what I can and can't eat. I think it helps that I've been cooking more too.

On the plus side, the diet is putting me in line to being the next Gwyneth Paltrow... minus the pretentious accents and the weird kid names. Basically just blonde and a wierd eater.

Maybe macrobiotics will help me land a rock star?

No comments:

Post a Comment