Friday, July 9, 2010

It's time...

The time has come for me to say farewell to meat and dairy. Come Sunday both will reside in the "forbidden" zone along with white bread and flour.

It is the final phase of Macrobiotics. The phase that will allegedly control my immune system and supposedly melt away pounds. While the weight thing will be an added benefit, I'm more concerned with my platelets for you know wanting to feel normal and not at risk to bleed to death.

So, one more weekend of eating my fave foods then strictly rice, quinoa, millet and beans and veggies. I'm not too worried about it. I just know I will miss cheese.

I love cheese like a fat kid likes cake. I'll just have to think of all the things I'll be able to do when I have platelets when I feel especially hungry for dairy or meat.

Like maybe a ceremonial tattoo? Or a dangerous rock climbing excursion when a bump on the head is no longer lethal.

Or maybe a pint of vodka to drink when my blood isn't too thin for alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment