Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jamming Out

I neglected to mention when I was at the park running with the dogs yesterday.  It became more than a run... it became my chance to pretend to be in Glee.

Ipod firmly encased in my cleavage (it really is the best place to store things), earphones in and a dog on each wrist I was trotting along when Katy Perry came on... specifically California Gurls.  I feel I should note now that I was listening to a "Quick Mix" on Pandora... and I have some strange stations to mix from-Eminem, Pink, Bruce Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty etc.  I like to think my Pandora quick mix can show just how schizophrenic I can be.

So Katy Perry is singing about melting popsicles and bikinis on top (those are seriously the only words I remember) and it's getting me pepped up and I'm picking up the pace... and I'm singing, loudly.  That's right, I was belting it out, and shimmying a little as I rounded a lap... when I saw a shadow passing me. 

If you live in my area you know that the weather was flipping gorgeous so just like me they were taking advantage of the park in our neighborhood.  So to my neighbors I am now that strange girl with the dogs who dances and sings while jogging at the park. 

Like did you ever see the episode of Friends where Pheobe ran with Rachel and embarrassed her?  That was me.  9 times out of 10 I'm a total Monica (Hi, I'm anal and co-dependent and I love to yell-find me a Chandler)... but in this case my Pheobe came out (well the running thing and I'm very bendy.)

Pheobe Runs

No comments:

Post a Comment