Sunday, September 19, 2010

Surprising Myself

I'm not sure if you guys have noticed, but I haven't been running too much lately. I've mainly been working on my diet and doing Body Pump and walking. But I decided to sign up for a leg of the Route 66 Marathon with my peeps at work.

So now I have to run a 6k in about 10 weeks. I decided to guage my running readiness before Body Pump class. I had 20 minutes and hopped on the treadmill and just started running to see how my endurance held up. Surprisingly I ran the full 20 minutes with no pain and no stopping. Typically my knee starts to kill me and I have to alternate with walking.

So I'm chalking it up to Body Pump helping my knee by working the muscles around it more. Or I just overnight became a running fiend. As long as it makes me look better in jeans I don't really care.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed that helped to make running easier for me too. I do believe that strengthening your quads definitely helps to relieve knee pain!

    ReplyDelete