Saturday, September 18, 2010

Unexpected Exercise

One thing I found while on my weeklong staycation is that you can get a work out in pretty anytime.

Like last week when I was showing a new bestie around Tulsa, first we walked around Philbrook an hour or so, then parked and walked around downtown (above and below ground) for another hour or so.

At the end of the day without hitting the gym I got a great workout and made a new friend.

So I challenge you my dear friends to do this... next time you have free time park and walk and explore a new area of your city, show a new person around, anything.

One thing I want to do this week is try the routes in this article:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/scene/article.aspx?subjectid=459&articleid=20100902_459_WK21_CUTLIN190335&archive=yes

It looks like a fun way to start running outside more and see some of my favorite parts of Tulsa differently. BTW if you haven't noticed I kind of love Tulsa.

So pick one of those routes, find a spot you want to know more about and get moving and work out while you learn about your down.

No comments:

Post a Comment