Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fat Ass Training

I'm on week 3 of Couch to 5k Training.  This is my second go round, but the 1st time I've done it outside.

As I mentioned in my post with a bit of Tulsa history... I run at the former home of Ma-Hu Mansion.

I was really excited and proud of myself last week when I bundled up after work and went for my run despite the cold temps and the rain.   I was feeling pretty cocky as I rounded the track for the 2nd time.  My hoodie was soaked, I had a baseball hat and hood on, my pants were wet and dragging on the ground... but I was plugging along.  The only runner on this gray and dreary evening. 

Then... out of nowhere this motherfucker in short shorts and a t-shirt passed me without a care in the world.  He was dressed like it was 80 degrees outside and I was dressed for a snow storm.  And he was breezing past me.  Asshole.

Other than that training is going well.  My IT band is on fire most of the time but I'm working on stretching it out and spreading out my runs.  I'm hoping a deep stretch class at Inner Peace Yoga this week will also help me walk less like a gimp.

No comments:

Post a Comment