Monday, August 8, 2011

Cleaning Up...

The other day I was going to run errands and Mems looked at me and said "I'll be glad when you start dressing like a girl again."

I looked down at myself.  Baggy jeans, converse and a baggy t-shirt, hair in a messy bun and no make up.   My typical uniform.  I'm a no muss, no fuss girl.

But I didn't used to be.  I used to leave the house fully put together, never without lip gloss and mascara, always in heels and a cute outfit.  Then I got fat.  I stopped taking the time to make myself look pretty, I just never realized I did it. It's a habit I've decided to break.

So last week I was waxed, bleached and shellacked in the name of beauty.  I spent hours pampering myself instead of hitting the gym or laying around reading.  It was refreshing.  I carried myself differently, I took more care with my clothes (though still ended up in cute jeans and cute tshirts instead of a baggy mess).

I feel like a girl again.  Yes, I'm still a girl who needs to lose weight, but it's nice to find my girlie side again.

I'm still shit at putting on make up... but I'll learn.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed your nails. They look very pretty. You are NOT shit at applying makeup. It always looks good. And, no matter what you're wearing, you'll always have the prettiest hair on the planet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I'm with you at the makeup putting on thing. It literally takes me 2 whole minutes to apply makeup :)

    ReplyDelete