Thursday, October 6, 2011

Boot Camp Revisited

I'm nearing the end of my 3 week journey in boot camp. Well, the free section of my bootcamp journey.

4 days last week and 4 days this week I got up when my alarm went off at 6 a.m.  When it was still dark outside and Molly was snoring at the foot of the bed, I would get up and put on my workout gear and drive sleepily to 16th and Yale to put myself through a workout to challenge me and wake me up.

Eventually the early alarm clock got easier and I started looking forward to boot camp.  The days I missed were either for injury or illness and I found myself a hell of a lot bitchier without my morning sweat/exertion fest.

The Fit Body Boot Camp girls have me running, squatting, lunging and jumping my way to a tighter body.  I haven't gone back and weighed in or had new measurements taken yet but I can tell a difference myself, we'll see if the numbers add up. 

I've hd a lot of people wondering what exactly boot camp is, so here goes:

We alternate toning and cardio days and the exercises are always mixed up so we're never in a rut doing the same thing day in and day out.  From running in place to jumping jacks (my least favorite thing ever) to ab series, jumping series and lots of lots of 'running ladders.' I leave class drenched in sweat and full of energy (for the most part (man I love parantheses today)). 

I've also left class sweaty and exhausted and still had to push through the sore muscles for the rest of the day, but those days make me tougher.  At least I pretend they do.  I feel my muscles getting stronger, and I'm less sore now after certain workouts than I used to and more sore in other muscles.  There are days my knee hurts and I have to modify certain exercises.  But I do it and I keep going.

Boot camp hasn't broken me, it's making me push myself more and hopefully free the hot thin girl buried under my fat.

Remember- I still have two gift boot camp gift cards, let me know if you want to try it out... no one guessed the correct measurements to win them.

No comments:

Post a Comment