And as we are all doing as the year winds down... I'm looking back and contemplating how far I've come and where I want to be this time in 2012.
In the last year I have:
- Lost 21 pounds- important because it's 10% of my body weight. And because it means my gut is smaller.
- Switched jobs- I went from producing a daily show to managing the website, twitter and facebook for the same station. I'm pretty much in love with my job. Even if constant FB changes make my head hurt.
- For real started running- 2011 is the first year I really considered myself a runner. Until my sickness knocked me out of my routine I was running 3 miles a day 3 days a week and I loved it. I need to get back into that habit.
- Broke comfort zones- from dining out alone to joining book clubs with people I never met (Hi ladies!) to speaking up for myself more (I'm much mouthier online than in reality) this year I've started being more Mems like than ever before and I want to keep at it.
- Went Vegan for most of the year. I still can't believe I did it. Aside from a few cheats, I made it 10 months. Now I'm just vegetarian, but I'm glad I went vegan for a bit.