Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A funny thing happened while I was cleansing...

I'm winding up my three week cleanse.

It's been easy on some days, hard on other days, I cheated with one or two meals in the 21 day process (adding dairy or gluten, never meat).

Then I decided something.

I'm never going to stop cleansing.

I really like how I feel when I'm eating this clean and refined.  I'm never hungry, I'm getting all the nutrients I need and yes, it takes planning and cooking and planning ahead, but it's worth it for this energy and sense of clarity I'm getting while doing it.

I'm up at 5 to hit the gym, getting my to do lists done, and just feel better.

That's not to say that I won't cheat occasionally. A girl needs a little gluten now and then, but 95% of the time I'm going to stick to this.

I feel all zen and shit.
.




2 comments:

  1. What kind of cleanse program are you following?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the Quantum Cleanse by Kathy Freston- no animal products, alcohol, caffeine, gluten, sugar.

    I'm eating mainly veggies and whole grains. I'm also cheating on caffeine.

    It's supposed to last 21 days.

    ReplyDelete