Friday, January 15, 2010

Living Intervals

In the Couch to 5k training program I'm using to get my running butt into shape I'm running intervals.

Basically after warming up I run for 90 seconds, walk for 2 minutes, run 90, etc. As you progress the running intervals get longer and the walking legs shorter.

So I spend a lot of my time on the treadmill counting down how much longer I have to run, and it's bleeding over into my life.

Last night, I needed to get some stuff done, but I was enjoying sitting in bed watching my full DVR. So I looked at the clock and calculated a set time at which point I would get up and change the laundry.

Then I had five minutes to finish that and re-fill Bella's food before I needed to be back lounging in front of the TV.

I didn't realize this until after I'd done it, I now subconsciously live my life in intervals.

I'd write more, but I have to have the dishwasher unloaded in 2 minutes. I better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment