Thursday, January 14, 2010

Reading Subtitles

I canceled plans to go running tonight, which is either very good for my discipline or sad. I don't want to decide which.

Originally I planned to go to a book signing, but I needed to run and get quite a few things off my to do list tonight so I won't go crazy this weekend. So I came home and hopped on the treadmill.

I am making a conscious decision to stop with my ADD on the treadmill, so in an effort to stimulate my brain and my body I turned the TV on to the Real World and turned closed captioning on.

Meaning I'm running down the treadmill with my Couch to 5k podcast in playing in my ears and I'm reading the subtitles of this inane reality show.

Now I'm not going to pretend the Real World is a bastion of great television, but it's pretty damn entertaining to watch. Not when you're on a treadmill and actually reading the drivel coming out of these privileged slut puppies mouths.

I mean seriously, the closed captioning for a conversation these peeps had after a drunken night out had like 27 "uhs" or "ums"... the future of America. We're in great hands.

On the plus side I did not have to jump off the treadmill to rearrange things. My disgust in these kids kept me running as fast as I could... almost like I was trying to run to D.C. and knock some sense into them. Dumb bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment