Saturday, February 27, 2010

Early Mornings & Sore Thighs

I am a gym member. It's been a few years since I've gone to a gym regularly, but I've been the last few days every morning.

The main reason I joined a gym was for cross training, and I've been getting up early and going before work. Elliptical one day and the cycle the next means I'm sore in places I haven't been sore in a long time, but just getting up early and getting it done makes me feel so much better.

I'm going to add some of the classes into my schedule now, starting with the 10 am pilates class today, followed by my scheduled run.

As for running, I'm still on Couch to 5k week 5 day 3. I don't want to go up the next week till I'm finishing the 20 minute interval in a better time, so I won't lose the speed I've increased the last few weeks. But it is getting easier, which is a good sign.

I'm hoping the newly unused muscles will help me get a handle on my running pace... and make me look better in my jeans.

I've always been very vain. Just ask Carly Simon.

No comments:

Post a Comment