Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Going Sugar Free

This day has been hard. I'm off High Fructose Corn Sugar and most sugars.

This is a huge deal for me, I'm a total sugar junkie. I didn't realize it till this week. From my morning soda to my yogurt to my Mike and Ike addiction.

So this week I've cut back on the sodas (can't go cold turkey)cut out most processed foods (save for a fun/if slow dinner with my girls Andrea and Lisa) it's become so much harder than I expected.

I didn't realize how much I depended on grabbing a snack from the vending machine when I get hungry in the afternoon, or heating up a TV dinner at home. I actually have to cook now! Of course at 27 it's probably time for me to expand my cooking horizons anyway. How long can one live on rice and scrambled eggs?

I quenched today's hunger pains by taking a bunch of fruit with me to work and snacking on that and drinking a ton of water.

This thing pretty much started cause I've hit a weight loss plateau... so I'm restructuring the diet and upping my cardio.

I'm even going to try some of the different classes at the gym... which should be fun to blog about... especially since I'll most likely make an ass of myself in one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment