Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm Doing It

Well dear readers I'm going to do it. I'm going to give up high fructose corn syrup.

If you follow my twitter you may have noticed the article I posted a few days ago about a new study linking that substance to increased weight gain. And if you don't follow me on twitter you totally should, as long as you're not easily offended because I have no brain censor.

And I've hit a plateau, I am upping the workouts and refining what I eat, and I figured this is as good a way as any to start. So starting Monday nothing containing high fructose corn syrup.

That means none of my beloved Diet Dr. Pepper or sweet tea or Mike & Ikes... wow... this is going to be really fucking hard.

Here's the article if you're interested:
http://www.princeton.edu/main/news/archive/S26/91/22K07/

1 comment:

  1. HFCS is also shown to contain mercury. That's reason enough.

    For what it's worth, DDP doesn't contain HFCS, but regular Dr. Pepper does. Still, the artificial sweeteners are also shown to cause weight gain. I've started buying Jones soda or various organic ones when I need a fizzy fix. I like Virgil's Cola a lot, and it's caffeine-free.

    ReplyDelete