Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holiday Hog

For readers who don't know I work in the News business. We are typically passionate people, loud attention hogs... and always in search of free stuff.

Anytime food comes into the newsroom we flock like moths to a flame. As I've been on this fitness quest I've managed to resist much of the temptation. Bagel baskets have gone uneaten, brownies left on the plate.

Today was not that day. I started the day with Bailey's Irish Cream cake leaving me both on a sugar high and slightly drunk. Then chips and queso brought in by a local Mexican restaurant and finally a bit of homemade macaroni and cheese.

Which means by the end of the day I feel like a disgusting pig and am now planning on drinking lots of water the rest of the day and hitting the gym after work to sweat out some of this sugar and fat on the cycle.

Tomorrow I will resist better.

After all, tomorrow is another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment