Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Immune System

Let's talk about health.

I mean this blog is kind of about health, in the sense that I need to eat less junk and more healthy things.

But as I write this I am sick again. This time a sinus infection in my respiratory tract. I sound like a phone sex operator and cough like a trucker.

I mentioned in an earlier post about my autoimmune disease, ITP. It has a much longer more convoluted name that translates from latin to mean "we don't know why you don't have platelets."

Basically my immune system is constantly busy attacking my platelets and fairly often ignores the lovely bacteria in my body. Like now.

The doc recommends upping my vitamin C and making sure I sleep enough... all the normal stay healthy stuff. But I tend to get caught up in too many projects and crash. Oddly enough it's always midspring. I blame pollen and mold for that as well.

So I just took a horse pill sized antibiotic, sprayed my nose and downed some vitamin C. Consider this your PSA to make sure you're taking care of yourself. Unless you want to honk like a goose when you laugh like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment