Tuesday, June 8, 2010

An expert...

I like to think myself an expert on certain foods. My comfort meal that I've ordered at restaurants all over town.

Specifically, I am a club sandwich guru. I've had them from at least 20 restaurants in green country. For the record Blue Dome still has my fave... but surprisingly Denny's is a close second.

I say that because today as I left the gym after 45 minutes of hell on the elliptical, knowing I was coming home to tuna salad, carrots and hummus all I could think about was the club sandwich I had at Campus Grill on Saturday. It was really yummy.

I avoided temptation and drove straight home to my healthy meal. I'm on day 3 of my clean diet. Avoided almost all processed foods and cut back on soda intake drastically. It's actually not as hard as I thought it would be. (Knock on wood)

I'm sticking to local fruits and veggies, raided the Reasor's produce department and stocked up on smart chicken. Aside from that long afternoon with no sugary snack I'm holding up.

I'm also using this as a chance to try more foods I've never had. Like the mango I have ripening on the bar... and the recipes I've been pulling out of Martha Stewart Living.

So.. toss out some suggestions peeps... help me broaden my healthy eating horizons.

1 comment:

  1. I'm a club sammy guru myself! YUM.

    Just stumbled upon your blog, nice work!

    Lately when I've been having a sweet craving I'll eat some fresh, cut-up pineapple. It's tastes better than candy to me...

    ReplyDelete