Friday, August 13, 2010

Blerg to the Mainstream

"The other day I realized as long as I’m in this business, I’m going to be hungry,” True Blood‘s Kristin Bauer tells Popeater about her strategy to looking fang-tastic.


There is so much wrong to that sentence. But I've heard it come out of several celebrities mouths lately. From this chick from True Blood (which I've never seen but just finished all 10 books, it's like Vampire crack) to Kathy Griffin telling Wendy Williams that's her secret to being tiny.

But seriously bitches? You're starving yourself to stay underweight and bragging about it? Great message to the insecure teen girls who happen to pick up people and read about your "diet tips."

And kudos to you mainstream media for presenting the starvation diet with no mention of how bad it can be for your body to run on fumes. Or just featuring women who get their enviable physiques by eating healthy and exercising regularly.

Articles like this make me want to vomit, which I suppose would work in making me thin if I did it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment