Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's all about shape...

Huffing and puffing my way through Body Pump this week the instructor kept talking about "re-shaping your legs" as we all struggled through the lunges.

I remember thinking the first week I started the class and hearing the phrase and laughing. Yes, doing squats and lunges will change my short and stubby legs into long, lean limbs. Ha!

So, now that it's been a while since I started doing the classes at least once a week, sometimes more when I drag my ass out of bed early, I looked at my legs. To see if there were long, tan stems where my pasty legs used to be.

Not surprisingly the answer is no.

But... my legs are thinner and more toned. Specifically my thighs. I know! Thighs are evil and I didn't think they'd ever get smaller, but squats and lunges have tightened mine up, not quite mini skirt ready, but a hell of a lot better than they used to be.

And my arms still jiggle... but it's much less like I could take flight with the sagginess. So... that's a big win for Body Pump.

Imagine what I'd look like if I did it more religiously.

No comments:

Post a Comment