Monday, August 23, 2010

Adventures in Cooking

So I'm still working on my cooking skills. I'm getting more adventurous in the kitchen, and just experimenting my way through some meals. Here's a successful attempt, if you're nice I may post about one of the more humourous unsuccessful attempts.

Sunday night I decided to grill some veggies... and try to make polenta by hand. I'd tried the prepackaged polenta, but have it on good authority that it tastes much better fresh.

So I gathered ingredients: sliced zucchini, squash and eggplant. I ended up browning them in a skillet with a little salt and pepper.



Then I started the polenta by measuring out the corn meal. It's worth noting here that I got the recipe from a handy app on my iPhone-Epicurious. I used a resume from Gourmet magazine from 2007 for creamy polenta.




Here's a look at the set up in my lovely kitchen.

A few burns and a couple of dropped veggies... I had a pretty yummy dinner.



I'm hoping soon I'll be able to cook without burning myself... but I'm not sure that will ever happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment