Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Let's Talk About Sugar

Sugar... is a harsh mistress. But I'm ready to make a break.

After my success of giving up soda for a month (still going!) I decided to branch out and try to cut down on my sugar eating.

Now I didn't want to get crazy and just cut out all sugar, but I happened to be watching a horrible reality show on Bravo called 'Thintervention' and the pretentious trainer ordered her fat clients to throw anything in their pantry with more than 5 grams of sugar out. So that's my new rule.

Although I'm not giving up fruit or natural sugars... that'd just be too much.

Shit, I miss sugar. This could be a long 21 days.

2 comments:

  1. I think if Jackie were my trainer I would cry the whole time during every work out. I'm obsessed with "weight" reality shows... I need to give up my sodas too. I think I'll try to just cut back to one can a day first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It wasn't as hard for me as I thought. Now I'm just in the habit of making tea or getting water.

    I have had a soda since I quit and it was fine, but I'm so over the crutch.

    ReplyDelete