Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Project

First... lets talk about this dress:


It's cute right?  Black with black lace overlay, lace sleeves and just enough shape that I don't look like I'm wearing a black potato sack. 

It's got a 60's Mad Men feel that I can't wait to accessorize up for the DIVAS concert this Saturday. 

Wait... you don't know what DIVAS is?  Go here and buy a ticket: H.O.P.E.

Now... back to the dress. It fits, could be a bit looser and my legs could be a bit more toned to make the mini-aspect of it look better.  So I'm giving myself a project.  Let's put all those "Lose Weight Fast" articles to the test and see if I can look a little sleeker while schmoozing.

So I read up and these are the general notes on dropping a few pounds quickly...

1- cut carbs: recommended for a short time, not a lifestyle change.  I'm already off white flour and bread... so no rice or quinoa pasta this week. 

2- Limit salt... I should probably be doing this all the time.  I don't know if I eat lots of salty foods or my body is just sensitive to it, but I can feel the salt bloat as soon as I eat something salty.

3- No Soda- Been there, done that

4- Up the cardio.  Hit the gym today for 45 on the elliptical... treadmill tomorrow... basically I'm planning at least 45 of cardio every day till show time.

Let's see if I can get model-hot by Saturday.

Also, who knows what kind of shoes I wear with my Joan Holloway dress?

2 comments:

  1. If you feel uncomfortable in a shorter dress, tights are always nice. Fishnets will make your legs look more toned, too. I love them. As for shoes, I say either basic black heels or a pair with lots of color. I love wearing colorful shoes with a black dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thanks. I'll have to check out fishnets. I have a plethora of black heels so I'll probably wear some of those with some kickass red lipstick.

    ReplyDelete