Monday, February 14, 2011

Making Balls.

This is the blog everyone will be talking about... this is the blog... where I talk about balls.

Kind of like this .

TodayI made some special balls. 

They're designed to curb your sweet tooth and give you a protein boost after a workout.  I've noticed that the more I work out... the more hungry I am later in the day.  So I'm hoping this will counterac that.

I got the recipe from Fitnessista (one of the links on the side) but doctored it up to suit me.

I used peanut butter instead of almond butter and rolled oats instead of coconut.  Mainly cause I had peanut butter in the house and I hate coconut.

Then I broke out the food processor, which was last used to make oreo cookie balls covered in white chocolate... so this is a change.

I should point out that I love kitchen gadgets.  Even though I'm horrible at cooking I have to have all the gadgets I see my idol Martha Stewart use... so I have a fancy silver processor.

I dropped in the peanut butter, oats, protein powder, honey and sea salt and mixed it all together... then rolled out 6 little balls and popped them in the freezer.

Look at my balls!!!

The bit of batter I tasted when licking my fingers was tasty.  Let's see if it helps after tomorrow's workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment