Sunday, February 13, 2011

Easy Spaghetti Squash...

For my pal Carissa who is making her first spaghetti squash.

It's super easy, filling and low on Weight Watcher points.

Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, put sliced side down in a glass dish with a bit of water.

Microwave about 15 minutes (it depends on the size of the squash, you should be able to stab the outer shell with a fork.

Then take it out, let it cool slightly and use a fork to shred the squash out of the shell.  It will look like spaghetti.  drain it a bit.

Then I like to just eat it with spaghetti sauce.

Here's another recipe I've tried that was yummy- http://fat-ass-to-fit-ass.blogspot.com/2010/12/meatless-monday.html

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I'm excited to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spaghetti squash. It has a nutty flavor I love. Thought Mems says it has no flavor... so that's weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete