Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Riding for a Cure

I got a funny email the other day from a friend in the PR world asking if I'd be up for helping with Tour de Cure.  That's the annual bike ride to benefit the American Diabetes Association. 

I of course said yes, then came the twist.  They wanted me to be a "Celebrity Rider" I'm sure they're using the term celebrity loosely.  So I'm in.  Got the bike out and got the tires fixed at Lee's. 

I'm supportive of any way to help cure diabetes.  You see about 7 years ago (give or take) my mom was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes.

Now my mother and I don't have your typical Mother/Daughter relationship... but we're delightfully adorable.



It's pretty rare for an adult, especially one in her 40s to be diagnosed with it... leave it to my mom to be extra special.  Now she's on 2 kinds of insulin and still can't control her blood sugars all the time.

So any money that can go towards research to stop this disease is well spent in my book.

Not only Mother, but my great-grandfather who I never met, but he begat my beloved Pops and died in his 50's from complications of diabetes. 

He also looked adorable in his sailor suit-

So now I'm making Team Fat Ass- I want you all to ride with me.  I'm doing the 10 mile ride.. on June 4th. 

Details are on my Fundraising Page Make a donation if you don't want to ride... or join Team Fat Ass use the code- Recruit_2011 (it's case sensitive) and start raising money!

Screw Diabetes!

3 comments:

  1. YEA!!! I'm so excited for Team Fat Ass! I'm going to get my tires fixed up this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost peed my pants at the name of this blog. I love it!!!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will so rock it.

    Glad you like it Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete