Monday, April 25, 2011

Running Observations

I've been plugging along on my running training.  Roughly halfway through the Couch to 5k in 8 weeks.  It's much different than when I was running it on the treadmill. 

I will say that running outside is kind of my personal hell.  Specifically yesterday I was running in the wind and could not breathe while hauling my ass up the hill on the far side of my park.  It was not a positive boost for me.

So I'm keeping at it, not letting the wind keep me down.

There were some nice observations this week when I was in my running gear.  On 2 different days my aunt and mother respectively told Mems they didn't recognize me when they drove past me on my way to the track because they said I was so much smaller.  So that's a win.

This weekend I decided my poor feet needed a treat after all the running I'd been doing.  So me and my pals went to my fave salon Mai Tai Salon at 36th & Harvard.  They've been doing my nails since I was 17, in fact Mai did my mani/pedi the day of my Senior Prom.  I looked amazing.  So good Reese Stole My Look.

I was sitting in the massage chair with my feet soaking.  When Tai came over to start my pedi he said, oh you have the callouses and made me soak for 15 more minutes before he attempted to smooth my poor feet.

In the end my tootsies got pampered and I got some delightfully pretty purple nails to start the spring season.

No comments:

Post a Comment