Monday, May 9, 2011

Preggo!

I love spring.  I love shopping at the Farmer's Market, grilling veggies, laying outside reading while the dogs play... and planting my garden.

Last year I bought a double planter so I could plant herbs on top and tomatoes hanging upside down.  It didn't do well.  My tomato plants grew but never produced a tomato. My plants were barren.

So this year I headed over to Ted and Debbie's (my former employer!) to pick up some grape tomatoes to try again.

Aren't they pretty?  I love grape tomatoes.
 This year I decided to only plant tomatoes in the planter and used miracle grow potting soil to see if that helps.

Tomatoes up top... tomatoes down below.

Not long after I planted Tulsa became like Seattle and it rained and rained. But my plants persevered and lo and behold one of them is pregnant!

I'm going to be a tomato mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment