Thursday, July 14, 2011

When Kate went to Sam's

So I've made no secret of my hate for Wal-Mart.  But I'm also but a poor journalist.  So I sucked it up and headed to Sam's with my Aunt Stacy the other day.  My goal to find some deals on my healthy staples to save money and stock up.

I hadn't been to Sam's since I was a wee lass with my Mems and Pops.  Then I fondly ran from sample booth to sample booth to eat whatever was being offered. This time we wandered around the store while my aunt got what she needed and I looked around and picked up a few things.

I ended up with a big tub of hummus, guacamole, cherry tomatoes, spinach, tomato soup, carrots and some snacks for a pool pawty I had the other night.

Look at how packed my fridge is!  Yes, that's PBR on the bottom shelf.  I'm classy.

All the supplies made it easier to do a lot of prep work for eating this week... but that's another blog.

2 comments:

  1. I fully intend of getting a Sams card once the new one at Tulsa Hills is open. Sometimes we just have to do what works for our budget. And I certainly can't afford to shop at Whole Paycheck. I actually don't commit to just one grocery store. I go back and forth between Reasor's, Food Pyramid, and Wal-Mart depending on what I need and who has it on sale at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the one you seeing driving all around town about once a month shopping at 5 different stores all in one day. Crazy I know, but that is what works for me and my family. I would add Aldi's to that list. Great produce low prices.

    ReplyDelete