Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Sickly.

I rarely get sick.  I hate being sick.  I'm a horrible patient.  I've been sick for almost a week.

I've finally turned a corner and I feel like I'm getting better.  So let's talk about how unhealthy I've been while sick.

1) I ate a lot of carbs.  Lots of pasta and potatoes.  Comfort food for my sick immune system.

2) Ice cream.  To soothe my sore, raw throat

3) Hamburger.  In my sick, exhausted, drugged out state I became convinced the only thing that would make me feel better was a hamburger.  So I ate one.  And it made me feel better. 

Of course it's also possible that my antibiotics finally kicked in.  I don't plan on eating meat regularly again, I'm not sure why I had the urge to eat it then, but I know I was too exhausted to cook and it hit the spot.

4) Spongebob Squarepants.  I'm 29 years old and I have 4 variations of Nickelodeon on my cable package.  I've seen every episode of Spongebob Squarepants 6 times.  I love that kid.

5) Baths. For several days the only time I felt relatively healthy or normal was sitting in a steaming hot bath.  The hot water relaxed my achy joints and the steam cleared my pore lungs of congestion.  I just wish I had a bigger bathtub to soak in.

What are your sickly bad behaviors?

No comments:

Post a Comment