Monday, January 2, 2012

The year ahead

Last year I made 2 resolutions: to lose 20 pounds and something else I'm not posting on here for fear of Mems hearing about it.  Promise me when I say I kept both.

So let's make this year's list of resolutions.

1. Lose 40 pounds- I'm going to double down and hit my goal weight this year.  Theoretically.  I'd also like to do this by April.  It's about a pound a week.  This goes hand in hand with eating more veggies too.  I'm the only vegetarian that doesn't eat that many veggies.

2. Read more- I want to read 50 books next year.  I'm counting the new Stephen King book because I'm only 300 pages into it and will read the bulk of it in 2012.

3. Be more fiscally responsible.  I need a new car and I want to travel more.  I need to stop spending my money on shit.  Less dining out, less shoe shopping, more saving and budgeting.

4. Write that book.  For years Mems has been telling me to sit down and write my book.  She's convinced I have a book in me.  I am too, about Mems.

5. Run a half marathon.  I feel like this is a perfect distance goal for me.

1 comment:

  1. I need to do #3, too, for realsies. I wish I had a book in me, though lately I've been interested in doing a cookbook (because the market isn't saturated or anything -- ha).

    ReplyDelete