Saturday, June 30, 2012

Beans and cornbread

For book club the other night I wanted to make beans and corn bread to go with the theme of the book we read (Parchment of Leaves).

Mems told me I needed to pick up some ham to season the beans, I'm like "that doesn't work."

So instead I googled and found a recipe for vegetarian beans and fell in love.

Here's the recipe:
2 cups pinto beans
3 cups water
1 can diced tomatoes drained
Small can diced green chiles drained
2 cloves garlic
Medium onion

Bring the beans to boil, add ingredients and cook over 3 hours.

I served them with Jiffy corn bread. It was delicious.

Here's the original link to the recipe:
http://joyinsimplicity.wordpress.com/2011/02/11/budget-meal-pinto-beans-and-cornbread/

Also, Mems made the beans because she didn't think I could do it properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment