Saturday, September 1, 2012

Stress? What stress?

So, I've had a rough couple of weeks. 

As I mentioned last post Molly is sick.  She has Autoimmune Hemolytic Anemia, which means her immune system destroys her red blood cells.  Those are pretty important, they keep your body oxygenated.

So, Molly had a blood transfusion and is now on a mega-steroid dose to keep her levels in the (low) normal range.  We're working to manage the meds and the side effects and keep her healthy.  It's got Mems and I both on egg shells, but we're handling it as bet we can.

Also, my beautiful new car was hit by an asshole who left.  So I have to pay my deductible ($1,000) to get my car fixed. 

And my platelets are OK, not great, not good.  I'd been feeling pretty wiped from them like I get once a month.  Oh, and someone got into my Discover account and spent lots of money and I had to call and cancel it and get the fraud investigators going.

So I'm toast.  I have not been eating or working out like I was before this happened.  I'm trying to get back on track and get everything in my life under control.

I'm an uber Type A so all of this insanity is almost twice as bad for me.  I have this 3 day weekend now and I went to a barre class this morning and now I'm at home relaxing and trying to get things here organized while my dogs chill.

How do you deal with life stresses when it comes to diet and exercise?

No comments:

Post a Comment