Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Yoga addiction

I had a really rough week not long ago.

Things were stressful at work, meetings and appointments kept popping up and I was running around like crazy.

I was frazzled.  I kept up my running hoping it would keep me sane and centered.  It did not.

I did some yoga at home, but it wasn't centering me either.

Then I read this post by yoga goddess Cheena-

How conquering the yoga mat can help you conquer the boardroom.

She's very wise.

So, I cleared my schedule one night and signed up for a Vino and Vinyasa event.

I went by myself in my yoga leggings and a big t-shirt and drank my glass of wine off to the side, sitting on my mat and clearing my mind.  By the time yoga started I already calmer and less at the end of my rope.

Then, Jennifer lead us through a great yoga work out that stretched my kinks out, relieved my tension and challenged my limited yoga capabilities.

I left the class feeling refreshed and recharged, a huge change in just two hours.

It was exactly what I needed to get over the crap.

It was a good reminder that yoga is more than just performing the routines with a DVD or from memory.  It's taking the time to breathe, to stretch and relax.  To give yourself quiet time to recharge while you re-shape your body.

If you haven't tried it, do it.  I highly recommend it.  It's helped my posture and back pain immensely if nothing else.

Also, it makes you pretty bendy.

No comments:

Post a Comment