Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Milestones

I hit a nice round number on my weight loss last week: 15 pounds.

I still have a ways to go on the goal I set for myself by the end of the year (50), but it's a nice feeling to see the numbers going in the right direction.

I'm waiting for the dreaded plateau week that I know will come.  I've been working out as much as possible and been pretty good about sticking to my points.  I've reached the minimum WW points allowed so I'm sure that will slow my weight loss down.  It's been about 3 pounds a week for the last 5 weeks.

So how do I deal with a plateau? Mems thinks I'll get discouraged and let it set me back.  I think I'll just re-double my efforts.  We'll see.

While I'm plugging along with that, it's giving me more time to get in my head and sort some stuff out.

I'm a solo-worker outer.  I like to work at my own pace and work through the rambling thoughts in my head. The more I hit the gym the more clear I feel like my head is getting. I spend less time worrying about my appearance, about what others think, about useless crap.

I'm not going to say it's gone, but I'm making more headway on being more self confident.  Maybe one day my sarcasm will be less of a shield.

That may take another 15 pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment