Monday, January 18, 2010

My New Obsession...

Since I've been on this healthy eating track, I've become obsessed with salads.

For example here is my dinner:



Now you may be asking how a salad can be a filling meal. The answer- Everything in your refrigerator is a salad ingredient (within reason).

Tonight I tossed spinach leaves, grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, edamame, avocado and grated carrots. It's a lot of damn food, so I'll be full for awhile.

I think I've eaten some variation of a salad 5 out of 7 nights this week, I keep finding stuff to add to it. I seriously look forward to it every night, which is either sad or great progress. Instead of craving pizza and I think about putting edamame on my salad.

Thinking about that salad really got me through my run today. Couch to 5k wk 3 doubles the running intervals and my legs are feeling it already.

Also, my healthy eating is being passed on to Bella. Today my grandmother mixed some tofu into her dog food and Bella loved it. I may have a vegetarian dog one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment