Saturday, March 6, 2010

On The Inside

I spent most of my morning sweaty and straining on an inch thick mat in a hot workout room with shaky abs and a beet red face.

The joys of Pilates.

For those who haven't had the strange pleasure of a Pilates class, here's the low down.

The class will work all your muscles, isolating groups at a time and using slow movements to tone them, and the entire time you're doing that you're squeezing your abs. No matter the muscle you're using, you're always working your core.

It hurts after a few minutes, it makes you want to cry by the end of the hour.

It's the good kind of pain where it hurts and you breath through the pain till that stretch is over, and then you're tired and proud you did it and move on to the next muscle group.

The instructor I have now is super perky and Russian and after every painful stretch she thanks us for doing it. When class is over we clap for her for not killing us.

After class I continued my trek to find a swimsuit to wear to swim laps at the gym. I hit Sports Authority but they didn't have any suits at all.

There's a Wal-Mart right across the street from the gym and I almost went in to see if I could find one there, but I knew I'd feel dirty so I'm hitting Academy tomorrow.

It can't be that damn hard to find a swim suit can it?

No comments:

Post a Comment