Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Clean, Schmlean

My love affair with summer continues. Lots of locally grown fruits and veggies, organic meats and water... it's yummy and full of flavor without much cooking effort.

You see, I am not a good cook. Just the other day I was chopping tomatoes for my dogs and I chopped off part of my thumb. This just shows that I can't do the simplest task in the kitchen... and that my dogs love tomatoes.

So in my quest to get fit I'm also attempting to get more comfy in the kitchen and with a bigger variety of foods.

Last week I ate my first mango, it was delightful. My goal is to try a new food a week... something from the Farmer's market or even out at a restaurant. I need to be more daring.

That could be said for life and my eating habits I suppose.

Another reason I've been doing it is to eat more clean. I've been doing it a few weeks and I can tell a huge difference in how I feel and my energy.

Here's an interesting article that has a little more about cutting back on processed foods: http://bit.ly/bMvXYl

Now, my food is clean... but my house is a pit. I can only be so clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment