Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vacation Wrap.

So my trip got cut short.  Mems got sick so we left the area 2 days early.  That meant less chance to eat out, shop too much, or drink too much beer.  But I still had a ton of fun... and was constantly moving to stay healthy.

I already told you about walking around the lake.  Minneapolis is a super healthy city, every where you look there's someone running, biking or walking.  There's gorgeous weather and scenery to enjoy while getting fit. 

We also parked and walked around to shop and explore pocket neighborhoods.  It was one of those places where I found this awesome thank you card.




Before the trip ended we did also make it up the coast to Duluth... and walked our asses off.  It's a really gorgeous city along Lake Superior (now my first and only great lake to see)... seriously look at this beauty.


Molly also loved to sit by the lake and enjoy the breeze.

And I bought this awesome shirt at a shop in Duluth.  Then we listened to Highway 61 Revisited while driving along Highway 61. 


Even from just the few days I was there my legs are sore from walking so much, which is good, must have worked those muscles to have them sore. 

Now I'm back and it's detox time to get rid of the salt I did eat and the many delicious Minnesota beers I trank.  (Summit is delightful.)

Huge thanks to my pal Carly for letting me come visit again.  I've been there so much now I feel like Minneapolis is like another home. 



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun trip! Like the card and the shirt :) Hope Mems is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to get away even for just a little while. We went to Lake Michigan last summer and I am now obsessed with the Great Lakes!!! Awesome stuff.

    ReplyDelete