Friday, November 12, 2010

Noted While Running

Some pants should be saved for the gym.  Especially my cute green running pants.  I wore them for my Monday morning run and mooned at least one house before finishing my run holding my pants up. 

The perfect Pandora station is essential for running.  I've discovered Pink, Katy Perry and Bon Jovi are the best.  This also leads to me running around the track by my house scream/singing about my Teenage Dreams and Skintight Jeans.

Sports Bras are an amazingly important part of running.  And I need a new one.

No matter how much I run my form is not getting better.  I still run like a 5 year old trying to get away from a bully.

Mems doesn't want me to arm myself.  One night she suggested buying me some mace to use on my dark early morning runs.  When I responded "That'd be fun!" She changed her mind.

The more I run the more I want to run.  I make myself only do it every other day because of a bum knee, but I was really disappointed when I woke up and saw the rain and lightning so I couldn't hit the park.  The treadmill just isn't the same.

I'm excited about the Route 66 5k.  I feel more confident about running it than I ever have and am really hoping to run my fastest 5k.  By the way my fastest 5k is probably everyone else's slowest 5k. I run slow and I don't care.  Suck it.

I can run farther now than I did.  I like to do intervals and the more mornings I drag myself to the park to do them... the longer my intervals are... I went from short sprints to long stretches running from park bench to park bench for my three laps. 

So... and this may be cause I'm in the running zone... but if the 5k goes well... I may need to start training to run a longer distance in the next run. 

But I reserve the right to deny ever having typed this.

1 comment:

  1. 10k here you come! You watch, before you know it your short runs will be 'only 3 miles' and you will be amazed!

    ReplyDelete