Monday, December 20, 2010

Meatless Monday...

So my friend Sarah suggested Spaghetti Squash as a meatless monday... so I'm going for it.

It's been on my list of foods to try for a while, so I picked one up at Reasor's and found a recipe online at one of my fave recipe sites Epicurious.

I'm going the simple route... trying Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes, Basil and Paremsean.

Here's the recipe.
So I cut the squash in half and followed the directions for cooking it in the microwave.

Bella waited and hoped I'd drop something yummy.

Then I gathered the sauce ingredients. Olive Oil, Basil, Oregano and cherry tomatoes.

 

15 minutes later the sauce was mixed and the squash was done... so I used a fork to get the squash out.


And mixed it all together.  I ate it with some french bread and it was yummy!

It was really filling and had a great flavor.  Definitely something I'm going to make again.

Bonus I have half a squash left and Mems has a recipe for a baked casserole with squash, zucchini and spaghetti squash we're going to try tomorrow night.



No comments:

Post a Comment