Friday, February 25, 2011

Kettle Bell Hell

I'm pretty much a free workout spirit.  I'll try any workout at least once.  So when my friend Wes asked if I wanted to try a Kettle Bell class I said sure.  How bad could it be?

The answer is really fucking bad.  But I brought it on myself.

 You see I did the class just minutes after running almost 3 miles.  I made that decision after texting my friend and gym trainer Jason. 

My question- I want to get a long run in, will it kill me if I do it before Kettle Bell class?

His response- No, you'll be fine.  Good to get cardio beforehand!

my verdict- Jason secretly hates me.

It was a trial class at the gym so there were about 5 of us taking it... including Jason... and the instructor was super down to earth and funny.  She also tried to make me use a 15 pound kettle bell.  I opted for the 12 pound option.

Then we loosened up our muscles.  I knew I was in trouble when my legs started hurting during the damn warm up. 

Then we started the workout.  Squats, lifts, abs.  I can't remember much of the class now because I was more concerned with the fact that I was super smelly.

Seriously,between the run and the weights I was drenched in sweat.  I looked like a sunburned blowfish.

But I got a good workout, as I headed home to take a cold shower, I felt kind of powerful.  Like fuck you gym.  2 hours of sweat didn't kill me.

 Of course the next day when I woke up and I was sore in places I didn't even know I could be sore... I wasn't so powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment