Monday, April 4, 2011

Fat Ass Viewing Habits

I went to the gym today for a pretend 5k.  I call it a pretend 5k because it's on a treadmill not outside.  Running outside is real running.  But I love running on the treadmill, I feel more powerful on it. 

So I filled up my jug of water, plugged in my headphones and started flipping the channels on the treadmill TV to find something to watch during my run. I love those little TVs on the treadmills, they help me continue to be a pop culture junkie while trimming my fat ass.

I looked around the gym and put my tv on channel 33.  For those of you not in Tulsa that is Nickelodeon.  I put the channel on Spongebob Squarepants.  I watched cartoons while running 3 miles today.  I knew everyone around me could see I was watching the adventures of the cartoon who lives in a pineapple under the sea and I didn't care.

But, as you dear readers know from reading stories of me skating in my house, of my pants almost falling down at inopportune times, discussing bathroom and running habits and let's not forget my complete lack of grace.   So are you surprised at all that I don't care if people see me watching Spongebob while I run?

I'll go you one better, I ended up flipping to a Jersey Shore re-run for the last mile of the run.  See- Shameless.

But it did make me wonder if the muscular dude next to me watch ESPN is doing it because he wants to or to look manly... if the cute chick 2 treadmills down really wants to watch CNN or if she wants to look smart.

Maybe I'm reading too much into  it.  Or maybe I'm the only one who judges people based on their television habits.

You see I don't have shame... but I'm super Judgy about weird things.

No comments:

Post a Comment