Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Off limits

When I first started this diet journey I knew the main foods to keep out of the house- cookies, cake, most sweets, chips, snacky stuff, etc.

Now as I continue on I find myself having to add different foods to the list. 

Bagels.  I bought the Nature's Own bagel thins and couldn't keep myself to eating just one a day.  This is also why I can't have almond or peanut butter in my house.  And jelly. 

Honey Nut Cheerios- I thought cereal would be a good option on days I didn't want to make a smoothie.  Then I caught myself eating only cheerios for dinner 3 nights one week.  I didn't buy it again.

String Cheese- I gave myself back cheese and picked up string cheese at Sam's to eat during the month.  It was gone in 2 weeks.  It's no longer on the grocery list.

I know you're supposed to do everything in moderation, but I know me.  I can't have the foods in the house or I'll eat them.  If I have a box of 100 calorie snacks I'll just keep eating them.

My house has to be a bad food free zone.  My treats must be made while eating out, or with a one time purchase.

What about you guys?  Do you have trigger foods you can't avoid?

1 comment:

  1. That's so me! I can't have crackers in the house or I'll eat them all. Or cereal, peanut butter, ah, who are we kidding. The list is exhaustive! Great work, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete