Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Boosting metabolism and banning belly fat

I came home from work the other day and Mems excitedly yelled for me to come to her room because she had something for me.

Now, Mems has a habit of randomly buying me articles of clothing and shoes if she thinks I'll like it so I was also excited.  I walked into her room and she handed me a piece of paper.  Turns out she watched The Doctors and they did a segment on boosting metabolism and cutting out belly fat, Mems wrote it all down for me.

Thanks?

I'm always up for anything so here is the list, I'm going to try a couple.  I can't try one.  We'll see what happens.

7-Keto: The Doctors recommend 200 mg per day.  1/2 in the AM and 1/2 in the PM.  Akins' website says the supplement is a Per Akin's website- 7-Keto has been shown in clinical studies to assist in the maintenance of a healthy body weight and helps to maximize results of a proper diet and exercise.

Forskolin: I can't try this one, per WebMD it's been shown to increase bleeding risk. Also it sounds like foreskin.  I am 12.  My blood is thin enough.  For those of you without a weird auto-immune disease the doctor's recommend 125mg a day.
Here's the wikipedia write up:
  •  To date, there have been more than two clinical studies examining the effectiveness of forskolin as a weight loss aid. Only one has been subject to peer-review and published in a medical journal. This clinical study also observed forskolin's role in significantly increasing lean mass, bone mass, and testosterone in the subjects involved. This research has led to companies marketing forskolin as a bodybuilding supplement.
Caraway Seeds: these are supposed to eliminate bloating if you eat 3 tablespoons 3 times a day.  I'm going to add them to my smoothie and salads and see.  I get crazy bloated if I walk by a salty meal, let alone eat salt.  I need some help.

Relora: 250 mg a day is supposed to be a natural stress management supplement that helps control stress and stress-related eating. Relora has been sold in the United States since 2000 and has been one of the most popular natural stress relieving dietary supplements on the market.  I'm going to pick this up at Akin's.  I have kind of a stressful job. ((sarcasm))

Satiereal (saffron extract): this is supposed to suppress your sweet tooth.  My sweet tooth isn't really that bad, so I'm not going to worry about this one.  If you do want to beat your sweet tooth's ass take 85 mg twice a day.

I will of course update you on what the two I'm going to try do... if you try one of the other options let me know!

Maybe Mems will write down some make up and clothing tips for me down next time she's watching TV.


No comments:

Post a Comment