Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I like to run.

I was perusing Twitter the other night and a friend of mine said she wanted to run a marathon before her knees gave out and was seeking people to train for one with her.

So, I shot my mouth off and said I'd do a half.  Seriously.

In reality I have been considering a half for a while.  It gives me something to train towards instead of just my 2-3 mile run a couple of times a week.  So, now I have incentive to get started.

The goal right now is tentatively the Oklahoma City Memorial Half Marathon, which is 179 days away.


I found a 'Couch to Half Marathon plan to use to train.  I figured it would be my best bet since my runs aren't usually super serious and are more sprints than endurance.

I did the first training run on Monday morning and tried to go from my intervals to straight running 3 miles.  It was not successful.  I ended up with a few walking breaks, but I've always followed the Jeff Galloway training guide so that's no surprise really.

I cross trained with some yoga this morning and will be back on the treadmill tomorrow morning.  It's a fun motivation and this schedule seems pretty easy to follow and fit in my yoga (I'll yoga and run same day) and some spin classes.

It's from Fitness Magazine.  We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment